10/04/19 03:00 GMT+8
Venue: Emirates Stadium
Preview, Key Insights, Head to Head, Prediction, Free Soccer Tips
Arsenal FC is expecting to widen their lead at the top of their Europa League table with a victory against Standard Liege. Europe League expert Unai Emery breaks at the final breakdown last season as his Arsenal squad was torn apart at the hands of Chelsea in Azerbaijan, however, their opening game against Eintracht Frankfurt showed that they are determined to compete in the tournament once again. They are victorious on that fixture with 3 – 0 on the road match and also another opportunity to win on the cards here. The host is all winners for the entire four engagements against Standard Liege in Europe acquiring 15 goals in the process. But wait there’s more of it because they also have six wins coming from their last seven Europa League matches, so the beloved fans of the Gunners will be expecting three points on the upcoming fixture. However, one thing is noticeable in the Arsenal squad and that is their defense mechanism and once again this is the proof of their weakest link. The 1 – 1 stalemate at the Old Trafford on the night of Monday given by 11 goals conceded this season, and they have only secured three clean sheets coming from their nine competitive on the road games.
This is not a new phenomenon because Arsenal has conceded in 46 coming from their 67 competitive fixtures since Gunners Boss Unai Emery took control, the inclusion of 14 coming from their 17. As we can notice the major success of Arsenal was directly contributed to the offensive force of Alexander Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. These two aces will worry the visitors on the upcoming game, however, the Belgians are still confident for their attack to give threat to the host. Standard Liege has netted 10 coming from their 11 competitive matches this season and become victorious in 2 – 0 versus Vitoria Guimaraes. The visitors also scored in 10 coming from their last 11 Europa League fixtures and didn’t find the net in just one of their group stage matches last season. They will desire their opportunity of getting on the scoresheet versus an Arsenal squad that has conceded in six coming from their last seven competitive home soil matches.
- Arsenal is aiming to have six winning streaks at home soul in European fixtures, not to mention the qualifiers.
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery has 18 wins coming from their last 20 home soil Europa League fixtures across spells along Sevilla and Arsenal with 18 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.
- Arsenal is victorious for the entire four clashes with Standard Liege in European Tournament and scoring 15 goals in the process.
- Standard Liege has seven losses coming from their eight on the road games to England in all European Tournaments.
- Only AZ Alkmaar with four and FC Astana with three has some efforts at scoring on MD1 of this season’s Europa League than the visitors with five, however, the Belgians netted with two of those five strikes.
Last Four Matches of Arsenal Vs Standard Liege:
|November 24, 2009||Arsenal||2 – 0||Standard Liege|
|September 16, 2009||Standard Liege||2 – 3||Arsenal|
|November 03, 1993||Standard Liege||0 – 7||Arsenal|
|October 20, 1993||Arsenal||3 – 0||Standard Liege|
Aggregate Score: Arsenal (WWWW) 15 – 2 Standard Liege (LLLL)
Free Soccer Tips for You!
|Team Match Goals||Over 1.5|
|Full-Time Score Result||3 – 0|
|Match to Win||Arsenal|
|Both Teams to Score||No|
Register now to receive our 50% First Deposit Bonus and 10% Weekly Reload Bonus Exclusive for sports members. Only at the trusted Bet365 Soccer Prediction for FREE from the world’s most recommended online sportsbook.