09/25/19 03:00 GMT+8
Venue: Camp Nou, Barcelona
Preview, Key Insights, Head to Head, Prediction, Free Soccer Tips
Barcelona is struggling from their past matches and this will be a tough test for the upcoming fixture against Villarreal at their own home soil, Camp Nou. This battle would be thrilling between the host and the visitors. Villarreal is currently positioned in 7th place in La Liga while Barcelona is behind in 8th place and this evening clash would be interesting to bet for. We will expect to see plenty of goals for both teams and another thing that is particular on this exciting matchup is the 12 goals each and the highest-scoring squads in La Liga this season. The offensive attacking of both teams is not a surprise anymore and that supports the high scoring fixture on this clash. We are not pleased with the recent defensive performance of Barca as they conceded at least 2 goals coming from their last four La Liga matches. As a result, the host got the worst defensive performance in La Liga.
For this important preview for both teams, they have scored in five coming from their last six meetings. We would see this trend to continue as the start of the match unfolds. The home soil of Barcelona is no stranger for the other teams, the host scored at least 3 goals in 15 coming from their last 17 home fixtures. This is also relevant with Villarreal on their travels and the visitor’s noticeable 2.5 goals netted coming from their last four on the road games. The pressure on Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde is rising up and struggling with their poor performance for their high standards. The host last week’s performance in Europe was disappointing and fortunate for them they managed to escape against Dortmund with a point, in addition, the worst 2 – 0 defeat in the road game to the newly promoted Granada on Saturday.
- Barcelona has only gathered seven points after their five matches in La Liga this season and this is their lowest points record at this stage in La Liga season since 1994/95 with seven countings three points per win.
- Barcelona is undefeated coming from their last 20 La Liga matches against Villarreal with 14 wins and 6 draws but failing to net a goal in only one of them. The last defeat of the host was in the competition in March 2008 at their home soil with a 1 – 2 loss.
- Barcelona has won their last nine La Liga home soil games, getting the last two via 5 – 2 scoreline, the last time the host has won more in consecutive La Liga matches at home was under the manager Luis Enrique Martinez with 12 goals.
- Villarreal has netted 12 goals coming from their five La Liga matches on this term and this highest record of goals for this current season.
- Villarreal didn’t miss and scored in each of their last 18 La Liga matches with 35 goals. In the event that they netted a goal/s against Barcelona, this will be a record for the visitors’ best all-time scoring streak in the tournament.
Last games of Barcelona:
|09/21/19||Granada CF||2 – 0||Barcelona|
|09/14/19||Barcelona||5 – 2||Valencia|
|08/31/19||Osasuna||2 – 2||Barcelona|
|08/25/19||Barcelona||5 – 2||Betis|
|08/16/19||Athletic||1 – 0||Barcelona|
Last games of Villarreal:
|09/21/19||Villarreal||2 – 0||Valladolid|
|09/14/19||Leganes||0 – 3||Villarreal|
|09/01/19||Villarreal||2 – 2||Real Madrid|
|08/23/19||Levante||2 – 1||Villarreal|
|08/17/19||Villarreal||4 – 4||Granada CF|
Free Soccer Tips for You!
|Match Goals||Over 2.5|
|To Score in First Half||Barcelona|
|Full-Time Result||3 – 1|
|Match to Win||Barcelona|
|Both Teams to Score||Yes|
Register now to receive our 50% First Deposit Bonus and 10% Weekly Bonus Exclusive for sports members, only the trusted Bet365 Prediction tips for free from the world’s most recommended online sportsbook.