9/19/19 12:55 GMT+8
Venue: Karaiskakis Stadium
Preview, Key Insights, Head to Head, Prediction, Free Soccer Tips
The Champions League day 1 matchup is near and one of the most interesting upcoming game is about to unfold at Karaiskakis Stadium, now is the right time for the competition to get serious. The long road of qualifiers is over and the UEFA Champions League will showcase some of the great titans of Europe that will be going head to head for the duration of nine months. From the last year’s defeated finalists, they have some weeks to wait until the first great clash with Bayern Munich, but a trip to the Greek giant’s squad will serve as a tough training for Tottenham’s boss Mauricio Pochettino’s players.
Unfortunately, for the Olympiacos FC, they already missed out on the Greek Super League title by 5 points last campaign but they are proven to be a well experienced in victory. According to their latest records, they are undefeated in a competitive game since February and no sweat within the road by 3 rounds of Champions League qualifiers, but they must not be overconfident because it will be a tough test for the Greek giants. The host last step into the Champions League was way back in 2017 and it was not their day to end it well for the Olympiacos. Their five losses coming from their six group stage fixtures and drew the other one, and also they lost four coming from their last six Champions’ League group stage matchups at their home soil.
- Olympiacos is on five winning streaks coming from their last five games in European competition for all qualifiers.
- Olympiacos didn’t win in their eight Champions League games with 1 draw and 7 losses, since a 2 – 1 win against the Dinamo Zagreb in November 2015.
- Olympiacos have met the Tottenham Hotspur twice and both are in the 1972 1973 UEFA Cup when the Spurs defeated the Greek giants with 4 – 0 at their home soil.
- Tottenham Hotspur FC didn’t win any of their group stage matchups on the road trips in 2018-19 with 2 draws and 1 loss but fortunately winning the two coming from the three away games on the knock out stages on the way to the finals.
- Tottenham Hotspur has netted two or more goals in 4 games coming from their last 5 fixtures in all competitions.
- Tottenham Hotspur has 2 wins coming from their last three games in UEFA Champions League.
- Their only previous meetings were in a club-friendly fixture which Tottenham won with 3 – 0.
Current Form of Both Teams:
- Olympiacos WWWWWW
- Tottenham WDLDW
Free Soccer Tips for You!
|Full-Time Result||1 – 3|
|Best Bet||Tottenham to Win|
|Both Teams to Score||Yes|
Register now to receive our 50% First Deposit Bonus and 10% Weekly Bonus Exclusive for sports members, only at the best Soccer Betting Tips for free from the world’s most trusted online sportsbook.