9/19/19 03:00 GMT+8
Venue: Metalist Stadium, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Preview, Key Insights, Head to Head, Prediction, Free Soccer Tips
Groundhog day has returned for Shakhtar Donetsk, they are set to engage with Manchester City in the Champions League group tables for the third successive season. The previous emphasis doesn’t disappear completely for the Ukrainians, and there is a little bit to commend something will be shifting this time around. The host may have experience playing roughly to the Ukrainian Premier League finals by a nine points margin last year, but the Manchester City presents more than tangible threat compared to their domestic opponent. From the last season’s group table engagements saw Manchester City for winning both games by an aggregate score of 9 – 0, and their only accomplishment against the Citizens coming from day 6 game of the 2018-18 tournament against the tough rotated team.
Manchester City is currently not in the best form of their lives and struggling from their defeat from Aymeric Laporte at the back. However, this serious reason about defensive weakness doesn’t change their threat at the other squad, they have 16 goals in total within their five Premier League games so far. Man City’s boss Pep Guardiola is still accountable for three of their five losses coming from the last 2 seasons of Champions League tournament, however, given that they are still collecting points, their weakness in defense must be addressed immediately for the upcoming matchup and improve as needed in the campaign.
- Manchester City bagged three wins coming from their previous four UEFA Champions League engagements against Shakhtar Donetsk and outscored the host by 12 – 2 within four games.
- Manchester City has scored the best goals of 30 and holds the finest shot conversion rate of 17% in the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League.
- This is considered as the 3rd successful season in which Manchester City and the Shakhtar Donetsk have been in the same table of the UEFA Champions League.
- Shakhtar Donetsk has conceded 12 goals coming from their four previous engagements with Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League.
- This will consider as the 9th UEFA Champions League stage appearance for the Shakhtar Donetsk since 2010/11 but not in 2016/17.
Head to Head:
- The merged scorecard for the two rival clashes is 9 – 0 in favor of Man City.
- Man City emerges 2 victories against the host.
- In the last meeting of these two squads at this stadium, the guest controlled the game with 0 – 3 victory.
Last Four Meetings of Shakhtar Donetsk vs Manchester City:
|September 26, 2017||Manchester City||2 – 0||Shakhtar Donetsk|
|December 06, 2017||Shakhtar Donetsk||2 – 1||Manchester City|
|October 23, 2018||Shakhtar Donetsk||0 – 3||Manchester City|
|November 07, 2018||Manchester City||6 – 0||Shakhtar Donetsk|
Free Soccer Tips for You!
|Half Time Result to Win||Manchester City|
|To Score in First Half||Manchester City|
|Manchester City||Over 2.5 Team Goals|
|Full-Time Result||0 – 3 Manchester City to Win|