Southampton Team Preview
2019-2020 English Premier League Southampton FC vs Aston Villa FC predictions on February 22, 2020, 23:00 GMT+8. The Saints will welcome The Villa at the Saint Mary’s Stadium for this campaign. This will be considered as a test for the Southampton to bring their worst home soil form against the relegation participants Aston Villa. An interesting matchup to unfold because these two teams are top three’s in the Premier League’s worst defenses and on the weekend they will promises goals in the field. They have conceded a huge 50 goals so far on this term and The Villa are excluded on their own as the division’s leakiest squad, although The Saints, alongside Norwich City, are surging them close and having conceded 48 goals for each. It noticeable that 30 of the 48 goals Southampton have provided so far on this season were conceded within the Premier League matches at Saint Mary’s Stadium, and with a dark defensive record just like that, I’m wondering that Southampton have brought some points at their ground compared to any top-flight squad in 2019 to 2020. In fact, The Saints collected their lowest points tally following the 13 top-flight home soil matches since 1991 to 1992, and the 30 goals that Southampton have conceded is the most via a top-flight team following the numerous ground soil matches since Ipswich in 1962 to 1963 with 31.
Aston Villa Team Preview
Only Norwich City have accumulated some points in outings compared to The Villa for this term. Nevertheless, as you can observe on the bottom goal statistics from Aston Villa’s worst performance holds the most interest for this week. There is no team that has to keep fewer Premier League sheets than The Villa for this term, while this team remains the only squad yet to record a shutout on the road game within the tournament for this season. Moreover, there have been 2.5 goals were registered in 77% of Aston Villa’s Premier League on the road matches since the summer, and these sides involved found the net in a more distant 68% of those events. The number of goals from The Saints home soil games have been noticeably high for this season, and the minimum of three goals strike the net in 69% of their league matches at this same venue since August, with these sides scoring in 77% of those fixtures. They were four goals were registered when Southampton and Aston Villa FC clashed in December’s reverse Premier League game between the squads within the Midlands and ended in a 1 – 3 Southampton, while for this weekend’s rematch will give a worth wait for the fans to provide goals and win.
Southampton vs Aston Villa Insights and Performance Analysis:
- Southampton has obtained some points at their home compared to any Premier League squad for this term which is 11 and their lowest points tally following the 13 top-flights home soil matches from 1991 to 1992 which is 10 points only. They have lost the last 2 games.
- Southampton is victorious from its last two Premier League matches against Aston Villa and the last three consecutive winnings were back then in November 2000. They have registered at least one goal within the last 4 home games. They have lost the last 2 ground soil games.
- Southampton has conceded as much as 30 goals within their 13 home soil league matches for this term, this is considered as the most by a top-flight team after as many games since the Ipswich back then in 1962 to 1963 which is 31. They were not able to win one out of the last 2 home soil games.
- Aston Villa didn’t win from their seven games against Southampton within the entire tournaments with 3 draws and 4 losses since they win 3 – 2 scoreline at this same venue back then in December 2013.
- Aston Villa has registered at least one goal within the last 6 games. They have also scored at least one goal within the last 3 on the road games. They were not able to win one out of the last 2 outings. They didn’t win the last 2 games.
- Aside from its own goals, Aston Villa’s last two hits within the Premier League have been a header with Samatta vs Bournemouth and Engels vs Spurs, while nothing of these recent 31 goals registered by their players on this term was headed.
Head to Head of Southampton vs Aston Villa:
|21/12/2019||Aston Villa||1 – 3||Southampton|
|23/04/2016||Aston Villa||2 – 4||Southampton|
|05/12/2015||Southampton||1 – 1||Aston Villa|
|16/05/2015||Southampton||6 – 1||Aston Villa|
|24/11/2014||Aston Villa||1 – 1||Southampton|
Last five matches of Southampton:
|15/02/2020||Southampton||1 – 2||Burnley|
|01/02/2020||Liverpool||4 – 0||Southampton|
|21/01/2020||Crystal Palace||0 – 2||Southampton|
|18/01/2020||Southampton||2 – 3||Wolves|
|11/01/2020||Leicester City||1 – 2||Southampton|
Last five matches of Aston Villa:
|16/02/2020||Aston Villa||2 – 3||Tottenham|
|01/02/2020||Bournemouth||2 – 1||Aston Villa|
|21/01/2020||Aston Villa||2 – 1||Watford|
|18/01/2020||Brighton||1 – 1||Aston Villa|
|12/01/2020||Aston Villa||1 – 6||Manchester City|
However, for the final statement and prediction, we are still backing up The Saints squad to win on this upcoming matchup, and with the trusted website of football betting tips in Singapore handicap of:
Register now to receive our 100% First Deposit Bonus in sports, 10% Weekly Reload Bonus Exclusive for sports members and 100% First Deposit Bonus on E-Sports Betting. Only at the trusted Bet365 Football Prediction for FREE from Asia’s most recommended online sportsbook.