Southampton FC vs Newcastle United Team Preview
2019 – 2020 English Premier League Southampton FC vs Newcastle United ✓ Football Predictions ✓ Soccer Odds ✓ Head to Head ✓ Betting Tips ✓ Match Preview ✓ Team News ✓ Insights ✓ Statistics. Southampton will welcome the Newcastle in Saint Mary’s Stadium at 23:00 on March 07, 2020. First, we will talk about The Saints and they will be trying to avenge their disappointing 3 – 1 defeat against West Ham in London, however, it should be noticed that the top goal scorer forward Danny Ings initiated the match from the bench. The former Liverpool player will possibly play as one of the starting players against The Magpies for their upcoming match and we will be expecting Danny will provide the Southampton an exceptional boost to obtain all three points from the clash. On the other hand, Newcastle is unfortunately not on their shape at this moment in which the club has experienced a drastic 4 – 0 defeat against the Arsenal squad from their last on the road game. We must be aware that The Magpies January signing right midfielder Valentino Lazaro will be on the bench due to his suspension from the match. I would like to inform our readers that Newcastle United was unfortunate to find the net within the last four Premier League matches and it will be one of the best reasons why the host will win on this upcoming matchup.
Southampton FC vs Newcastle United Insights and Statistics:
- Southampton, unfortunately, didn’t win from their five Premier League matches against Newcastle with 2 draws and 3 losses, since the 3 – 1 victory back then in April 2016 under the management of Ronald Koeman. They have registered at least one goal within the last 3 games. 60% of Southampton’s’ last 20 on the road league matches resulted in both squads scoring while they have 2 wins, 6 draws and lost 4 of those clashes.
- Southampton’s 4 wins so far in 2020 puts them at the most club victories behind Liverpool which has 8 wins and Manchester City with 5 wins. Nevertheless, only Bournemouth and West Ham have the most 5 matches lost this year compared to The Saints in which just 4 losses. They have registered at least one goal within the last 5 ground soil games.
- Newcastle United FC is seeking to obtain their 2nd Premier League double against Southampton, only getting it previously during the 2004 to 2005 season under Graeme Souness. This team has failed to register at least one goal within the last 2 on the road games. 50% of The Magpies last 20 home soil league matches have resulted in both squads scoring while they have 5 wins, 2 draws and lost 3 of those matches.
- Newcastle, unfortunately, didn’t register a goal in every of their last four Premier League matches, just once within their history have they gone more consecutive top-flight matches without a goal and that would be six back then between October to December 1988. They have lost the last 2 on the road games.
- Newcastle recorded their last two wins against Southampton within their Premier League clashes. However, The Magpies has never beat The Saints in three straight league fixtures within their history. This team has failed to register at least one goal within the last4 games.
Head to Head of Southampton vs Newcastle:
|08/12/2019||Newcastle||2 – 1||Southampton|
|20/04/2019||Newcastle||3 – 1||Southampton|
|27/10/2018||Southampton||0 – 0||Newcastle|
|10/03/2018||Newcastle||3 – 0||Southampton|
|15/10/2017||Southampton||2 – 2||Newcastle|
Last five matches of Southampton:
|29/02/2020||West Ham||3 – 1||Southampton|
|22/02/2020||Southampton||2 – 0||Aston Villa|
|15/02/2020||Southampton||1 – 2||Burnley|
|01/02/2020||Liverpool||4 – 0||Southampton|
|21/01/2020||Crystal Palace||0 – 2||Southampton|
Last five matches of Newcastle:
|29/02/2020||Newcastle||0 – 0||Burnley|
|22/02/2020||Crystal Palace||1 – 0||Newcastle|
|16/02/2020||Arsenal||4 – 0||Newcastle|
|01/02/2020||Newcastle||0 – 0||Norwich|
|21/01/2020||Everton||2 – 2||Newcastle|
However, for the final statement and prediction, we are still backing up The Saints squad to win on this upcoming matchup, and with the trusted website of football betting tips in Singapore handicap of:
*Odds will change without prior notice*
Register now to receive our 100% First Deposit Bonus in sports, 10% Weekly Reload Bonus Exclusive for sports members and 100% First Deposit Bonus on E-Sports Betting. Only at the trusted Bet365 Football Prediction for FREE from Asia’s most recommended online sportsbook.